Filipino-American Community of Colorado (FACC)
In line with its educational and charitable missions, the Filipino-American Community of Colorado (FACC) has established and maintained a continuing and robust scholarship program since 1981. This is made up of competitive merit-based and need-based scholarship awards. Currently the program has both domestic and Philippine components.
The 2017 Scholarship is now CLOSED
Please check back again in February 2018
For more information
Please contact email@example.com for details regarding the essay questions.
2017 ESSAY QUESTION
Why are you a good candidate to receive this award? How has your cultural background and education shape who you are today? Describe how you have demonstrated leadership qualities to promote the cultural and heritage of the Filipino* community?
Less than one page
*If your heritage differs from being Filipino, please use your own heritage as the example.
APPLICATION FORM (pdf)
APPLICATION FORM (doc)
The current FACC Scholarship Program awards are as follows:
Domestic (For Graduating High School Seniors in Colorado)
- Complete and submit the prescribed application form and meet the minimum requirements of grade point average of 3.10 as based on a 4.00 grade point scale and grade out to 90 or more points on the prescribed Student Achievement Evaluation Criteria (as provided in the FACC By-Laws).
- The Board of Directors makes the final decision on the recipient or recipients (shall not be more than three recipients in any given year) and amount of the Scholastic Achievement Award.
- Be less than twenty one (21) years of age
- Should have been a Junior Member and been active in the youth and cultural activities of the Community for at least three years preceding the award
- Must be nominated by at least three Officers of the FACC.
- The Executive Committee (the seven officers of FACC), by unanimous vote in a quorum, shall make the final determination on the recipient or recipients (limited to three recipients in any given year) of the President’s Award.